Vacuum Induction Melting Furnace FMI-Series
Since the first unit was produced in 1957, ULVAC has delivered over 200 vacuum induction melting furnaces to customers in Japan and around the world. These furnaces are contributing to a wide range of industry applications such as specialized steel, electronics materials and new materials. They have been used in developing new technologies such as high-vacuum degassing and refining using cryopanels, and multi-element alloys created by single-direction agitation systems. ULVAC can also provide equipment lines and production technology for rare-earth magnet manufacturing.
- Cryopanels create outstanding degassing effect.
- Large volumes of activated metal can be added and controlled.
- Outstanding ingot cleaning
- Single-direction agitation creates outstanding component uniformity
- Rapid heating, for outstanding operability
- Selectable casting type:black and strip casting
Special Features / Further Applications
- Fe-base alloys : Mechanical tools (hob cutters, pinions, cutting tools), dies, bearing steel
- Rare-earth metals : Magnets (Nd-Fe-B, Sm-Co)
- Ti alloys : Shape-memory alloys, hydrogen-absorbing alloys
- Precious metals: Bonding wires, Au, Pt, thermocouples, electric contact materials, dental products, ornaments
- Ni-base alloys : Heat-resistant steel, corrosion-resistant materials, electrical part materials, permalloys
- Al : Bonding wires, lead frames, sputter targets
- Cu : Electric contact materials, lead frames
- Cr : Sputter targets