Acter Pump PST Series
Sputter ion pump is one of the pumps used to generate ultra and extremely-high vacuum. This pump has a simple design with no moving parts to produce wear and vibration. These features make the sputter ion pump the preferred one for the use in accelerators and analysis equipment. ULVAC, Inc. has developed the ACTER series of sputter ion pumps. The ACTER pumps use optimized magnetic field and new ACTER elements to greatly improve the pumping characteristic in the ultra and extremely-high vacuum range and to improve its overall cost performance. As a result of these performance enhancements, the ACTER pumps have been accepted in the accelerator, electron microscope and other scientific field.
- Ultimate pressure in the 10-10 Pa order achieved with a test dome complying with ISO standards (CXII, AXII Series)
- Excellent pumping performance achieved with the inert gas enhanced pumping model (type AXII)
- Highly efficient bake-out and reduction of magnetic field leakage with exclusive heater and shield cover
- High pumping speed in the ultra-high vacuum range
- Longer maintenance-free time
- Top-notch pumping characteristics in ultra and extremely-high vacuum range (discharging is kept down to the ultra-high vacuum range)